Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 

Israeli mother hosts marriage debate

I found a good discussion from 2005 regarding a study that finds more intelligent men more likely to marry and more intelligent women less likely to marry. It also provided my introduction to the English blogs of parents in the Middle East – a fascinating world that I never would have checked out on purpose.

I can’t know whether to be happy about the study. If the low marriage rate among highly intelligent women is due primarily to their own preferences, then that sucks. But if instead it’s due primarily to the choice behavior of males, then that makes me very happy indeed.

Money quote: "... with the advent of birth control, smart people are unfit for survival."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?