Thursday, April 06, 2006

 

Flake awareness

I have generally operated according to the following principle: presume every individual to be a good person until finding evidence to the contrary. I realized yesterday that the principle requires a little bit of modification. From now on, I will assume that every person is (1) a good person, except (2) that they are a flake, until I have evidence to the contrary.

In particular, this means calling up every client who has scheduled an appointment with me before I show up at their house with nobody there. If I show up while the house is empty except for their teenage daughter who is pulling out of the driveway and telling me that her mom is coming in ten minutes, I will call her mom to make sure. Etx.

Thanks God for NPR.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?